COSTA RICA GENERAL INFORMATION
Costa Rica enjoys several incredible and special features that make it a unique tourist destination.
We wish to share with you those relevant data.
- Population: 4,331,000 inhabitants – Labor force: 2.05 millions
- Capital City: San José; 1,085,000
- Area: 51.100 km2
- Language: Spanish official language. A Caribbean Creole dialect of English is spoken in the area of Limon – English is widely spoken.
- Religion: Roman Catholic, Protestant
- Currency: Colón
- Life expectancy: 79 years (men 74.61, women 79.94)
- Per Capita Income: U.S. $ 8.300
- Literate: 96%
- Time Zone: GMT-6 (U.S. Central Standard Time)
- No armed forces since 1949 – Is the Democratic Republic since 1821, one of the oldest in the world. Independence: 15 September 1821 (from Spain)
- Climate: Temperate in the highlands, tropical and subtropical in coastal areas. Costa Rica has a very pleasant climate all year round. The average temperature in San José varies between 14 ° and 24 ° C (57 to 75 ° F) from August to December and from 17 ° to 27 ° C (63 to 81 ° F) from January to July. The Caribbean coast averages are 21 ° C (70 ° F) to 30 ° C (86 ° F) in the mornings and the Pacific coast is hotter than the Caribbean but less humid. ( look at Jaco beach Costa Rica, Cahuita Costa Rica)
- Spending on Education:
4.9% of GDP (2004). Compared with the world is the number 76
- Roads: Costa Rica has an extensive road system of more than 30.000 kilometers. Much of the land is accessible by land or by air.
- Land: An extensive mountain range separates the coastal areas of east and west territorial.
- CR has 4% of total species of fauna and flora of the planet with only 0.03% of the surface of the globe.
- Marine biodiversity includes 6,777 species in Costa Rica
- CR has a great variety of microclimates and ecosystems that are 12 life zones.
- CR is at number 5 of the Environmental Development Index.
- CR has the highest biodiversity per square kilometer in the world. 25% of its territory is protected.
- NatGeo named Isla de Coco as one of the purest in the world – 2009
- The telephone and electrical system cover 100% of urban and rural areas.
- Since 1949, women received the right to vote.
- CR is ranked 53 in technological competitiveness according to the Global Report on Technologies of Information.
- CR is ranked No. 41 in tourism competitiveness by the World Economic Forum
- Costa Rica occupies first place in the Happy Planet Index (2010)
Finding a new place to live is an exciting experience, however, it can also become frustrating and time-consuming. Costa Rica Property Listing knows also that the search for living spaces using the internet is growing each day as it represents an important saving of time.
Jaco Beach, Costa Rica 506 6225 8483
Our main interest is offering our clients the most descriptive and accurate information about each of the projects we promote on our site. At Costa Rica Property listing we want to make the process of buying your next living space or investment opportunity as simple and worry-free as possible.
Get your destinations in Costa Rica faster and easier using the Costa Rica private transportation service. All minibusses have air conditioning and comfortable seats. The drivers are able to make a few stops during the transportation and you are able to select at what time to be picked up.
Barrio la Amistad from autotica 75mt est and 50mt south +506 2643 0179
The Costa Rica Private shuttle transportation is a cheap way to get your destinations in Costa Rica, We know how difficult is to organize a trip in another country, especially when you don’t have an idea how to get to your destinations. Costa Rica is a country offering a lot of different areas to visit and our Costa Rica transportation website will help you to find the best way to travel between your areas in Costa Rica Feel Free to Contact Cuchi Transfers for more Transfer Services in Costa Rica.
You can find bellow a Costa Rica Private transportation list where you can find different Costa Rica routes offering private and shuttle transfers.
Costa Rica Fishing Experts
Experience offshore fishing in Costa Rica with boasts over 70 current IGFA world records and is consistently ranked as one of the top fishing destinations in the world. Just off the beach, our waters are teeming with Pacific sailfish, blue, black and striped marlin, dorado tuna.
Jaco Beach, Costa Rica Calle La Nacion, Jaco 61101 506 8310 8393
Our tournament rigged sport fishing will help you experience a lifetime of fishing action each day. Double-digit catches of sailfish and grand slams are common! From children to seasoned veterans, traditional, standup or fly fishing, we can customize your trip to create memories that last a lifetime.